In a blog I never published for fear of being thought insane, I conveyed a prophecy:
- Many Christians will be accused of crimes against the state for simply following Christ’s teachings and believing that Jesus is our lord and savior.
- When you are accused and at trial, the Holy Spirit will speak through you if you let Him. You won’t need to come up with your own defense.
- Anyone might betray you and cause you to be put to death, even your parents or your children.
- You might be killed for choosing God over government, but only by choosing God can you truly be saved.
I know, it sounds crazy. It sounds paranoid. Like the ramblings of a mad man.
I wrote that unpublished blog on December 26, the Feast of St. Stephen, first martyr. Since then, we’ve witnessed some amazing similarities to the prophecy:
- The Covington Kids were accused of attacking a Native American Vietnam veteran, but it turned the kids were being persecuted by the media, Hollywood, and Democrats. The only “crime” these kids committed was the crime of Christianity, which really does seem to be illegal in the United States today. (Even Convington’s cowardly bishop eagerly read a script written by the Devil declaring these innocent boys criminals.)
- The media, Hollywood, and the Democrats arrested, tried, and convicted anyone owning a MAGA hat of assaulting actor Jussie Smollett, but it turned out Smollett staged his own assault because we was upset about his measely, unlivable wage of about $1.2 million a year.
- California is working on legislation to pierce the veil of confession and force priests to rat on Catholics who, in confession, raise suspicions that crime has been committed.
- Several U.S. Senators have attacked the Knights of Columbus for espousing Church teaching.
- Several freshmen Democrat Senators and Representatives have brazenly attack Christianity and signalled a desire to use government to persecute Christians.
- The Napa Legal Institute has recognized the need to prepare Catholic organizations for government persecution.
So, that prophecy might not have been so crazy after all. We’ve seen the Church and Christians attacked before. The Church was persecuted from the day of its founding.
Plus, the American culture now openly worships Satan and evil. It should come as no surpise that Satan would inspire his minions in the press, Hollywood, and Washington to launch a crusade to destroy Christ’s church in America. In this land of the free and home of the “brave,” Satan is winning bigly.
This is why I’m spending far more time in church and far less on social media and politics. Politics can’t save us. Our battle, as St. Paul wrote in his letter to the church in Ephesus (Ephesians 6:12):
For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.
Our enemies are not the press and Hollywood and the Democrats but the fallen angels who roam the earth seeking the ruin of souls. Therefore, our weapons for worldly battle are useless. We must, as St. Paul told us, find new weapons and tactics for this supernatural warfare:
Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil (Ephesians 6:11).
Lent starts on Wednesday. I urge my friends to give up something so as to make room for Christ. Let Him come into your heart and dwell there and help you don the armour of God. For it was Christ who gave us that paranoid prophecy that I, in December, was too cowardly to publish:
Jesus said to his disciples: “Beware of men, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues, and you will be led before governors and kings for my sake as a witness before them and the pagans. When they hand you over, do not worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say. You will be given at that moment what you are to say. For it will not be you who speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will rise up against parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved (Matthew 10:17-22).”
May the armour of God protect you.
See what Bishop Robert Barron says about evil in this world.