The New Russian Empire
The last two years of Barack Obama’s presidency will see the rise of a new Russian empire.
This new empire will resemble the Soviet Union in shape, the Czars in style.
- The US-led coup of Ukraine convinced Putin to reassert safer borders
- Russia wants to build a buffer between itself and NATO
- Putin wants to re-establish a Russian Empire to revitalize Russian pride and influence
- Western debt and war-weariness make NATO impotent
- Putin knows the next US president might be more of a man than Obama, even if its Hillary
- Putin will want to complete his expansion by January 20, 2017
- Ukraine is as good as done and Poland will fall under Russian influence
I still believe all of that. And today we learned that Ukraine has entered its death-spiral as an independent country. Hyperinflation–the thing Krugman says went extinct with the gold standard–has returned. As ZeroHedge points out, this is the end-game for Ukraine.
And here’s more, also via ZeroHedge:
So as the Ukraine government watches its country go down in flames, with the blessings of the US State Department of course, it decided to take action. According to Reuters, with the hryvnia in free fall (see above) the central bank tried to call a halt on Wednesday by banning banks from buying foreign currency on behalf of their clients for the rest of this week.
The US backed a coup of Ukraine’s pro-Russian president (because US foreign policy had been so successful backing coups in Bay of Pigs, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, and Syria)
Putin retaliated by seizing Crimea
Then Putin attacked Ukraine proper
Then the US and Saudi Arabia flooded the oil market to hurt Russia
Then Ukraine went into hyperinflation, which will end with capitulation to Russia
Then Poland will ask, “should we trust America’s promises or Russia’s threats?”
If you were Poland, how would you answer that question?